Monday, August 25, 2014

Thank you for turning the yellow emergency cards so promptly.  I still have a few more to collect and would appreciate receiving them this week.

Everyone is settling in now as we begin our second week.  We are reading stories from our literature unit, "Nature's Fury," learning about the early explorers in Social Studies, and tackling the new math program we have adopted this year.  I know this math is challenging and can be confusing.  I will be teaching all or part of a lesson on Monday through Thursday (depending on how difficult or long the lesson is).  I've told everyone to refer back to the work we did in class to help with the homework page.

I've asked my students to read a book of fiction (at least 5th grade level) for their first book report.  I will assign the report in about 3 weeks.

Homework

Read:  30 minutes
Math:  Homework #4 - #1 and 2.  We will finish the lesson tomorrow.
Vocabulary:  Eye of the Storm vocabulary work - due on Friday.

No comments: