Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I sent home the beginning of the year packet of school information today which includes your child's yellow emergency card.  Please fill this out and send it back to school this week.  I also sent home Scholastic book order forms.  Your child may bring your order to class or you may order online.  My access code is GNZFR.  I'll be sending in our first class order in about 2 weeks. 

We are using a new Common Core math program this year and the format is a bit different than our previous program.  I've asked my students to keep both their lesson packet and their homework packet in their binders and to not tear any pages off until I ask for them.  It's a little tricky as the last page of one lesson is often connected to the first page of the next lesson.  I know this program may be a bit confusing at first, but I will be going over the previous night's homework with everyone in class to further explain concepts.  We're all learning!

Thank you.

Homework

Read:  30 minutes
Math:  Homework - Lesson 1, #1-5
Complete and bring in yellow emergency card by Friday.

No comments: