Monday, September 13, 2010

Hello everyone,
We had our first news team "broadcast' last Friday, and it was a huge success! I was so impressed with the quality of the presentations, particularly as these students were the first to perform. Our news team activity is a great way to keep up on current events and to practice our listening and speaking skills - and have some fun in the process! I used to have the Santa Cruz Sentinel delivered twice a week to the school, but it looks like this service may have been discontinued. I've left messages with the Sentinel, but have not heard back from anyone yet. Anyway, I thought I would ask families for previously read papers (particularly Sat., Sun. and Mon.)so I can have enough for my students to work with on Monday mornings when they choose their articles. This would be a big help - thanks!
Our first social studies test is scheduled for this Thursday. Your child is bringing home a completed study guide today and should review it each night for homework.
I've been getting questions regarding our first book report. I will hand out the guidelines for the report next week. Everyone will write the rough drafts in class and will then complete the final drafts at home. The finished report will be due on Sept. 30.
I look forward to meeting you all this Thursday evening at Back-To-School Night.
Have a good week.
Mrs. Koue

Homework

Read: 30 min.
Math: HB pg. 29 (all) and pg. 30 (choose 3)
Spelling: Begin homework (due on Friday)
Social Studies: Study for Thursday's test
News Team #2: Begin preparing for Friday's presentation
***Remember to return your corrected work folder and signed yellow sheet tomorrow.

No comments: