Monday, September 22, 2014

  It was so nice to meet all of you at Back to School Night last week. I know there just wasn't enough time to personally speak with each of you, but I invite you to stop by the classroom after school any day for a chat if you like. I really appreciate your support and am looking forward to a great year with your children.

As I mentioned during our meeting, I've run into a scheduling problem with our NASA Ames Field trip.  I scheduled the trip last August with the assumption that Parent/Teacher Conferences would occur in October as they always have.  I just found out last week that they will be held in November, the same week as our trip.  I checked with NASA and there are no more available dates this school year.  Therefore, I need to keep our Friday, November 21 appointment.  That Friday will be a short day (conference schedule) and there will be no buses for students when we return from the trip at 2:00.  I hope this won't a problem for anyone.  I will help in any way I can to set up rides for students.  I will send out information regarding the trip in a few weeks.

Homework

Read: 30 min.
Math:  Homework 13, #4 and 5; Homework 14, #2 and 3.
Practice poem for tomorrow.
Vocabulary: Homework due on Friday.
News Team #2: Prepare for Friday's presentation.
*Book Report: Due on 10/1.  We will write the rough draft of the summary tomorrow.

No comments: