Monday, August 25, 2008

Hello,
Things are going well! I'm very pleased to see that my students are turning their homework in on time and that they are doing good work in class. I've sent home the weekly corrected work folder today. Please sign the half sheet and have your child bring this back along with the empty folder tomorrow. Thanks for your support.
Everyone should be reading a book (fiction) for our first book report which will be due on September 24. I will hand out the guidelines in about two weeks and will begin the report with them in class. We talked in class about the importance of reading each night, and we all agreed that at least 30 minutes is a reasonable amount of time.
After much thought over the past week, I've decided to change the way I use my blog. I would like to begin giving daily updates on homework rather than plan out the entire week ahead of time. Sometimes things change in class - we stick with something longer than expected, or we move along faster - and this would give me a little more flexibility. I will still write a note and give a general overview each Monday.
Please remember to attend Back to School Night. I'm looking forward to meeting you, filling you in on 5th grade, and answering your questions!

Regards,
Mrs. Koue

Homework - Monday

Read for 30 minutes
Math #9
Spelling: Write each word in cursive
Pgs. 29 & 30 in Practice Book

Alternative Spelling - Follow requirements sheet (all work due on Friday)

No comments: