Monday, November 23, 2015

I gave my students the guidelines for our Poetry Cafe activity which will be due on Friday, Dec. 11.  I am encouraging them to read poems by different poets, especially ones they are not already familiar with. I would really love for everyone to discover a new poet and new poetry that he or she finds interesting and engaging. 

It was great meeting with all of you last week.  Once again, I want to thank you for the wonderful support you give your children. Enjoy them - and all family and friends - over the coming Thanksgiving holiday!

And, speaking of Thanksgiving, we have kind of put together a last minute holiday lunch for tomorrow.  Saundra Ruso is cooking a turkey and I will be bringing in dressing and gravy.  I hear that there will be desserts coming in too.  I know this is a very busy time for everyone and I did not give any advance notice (I didn't know!) - so please do not go out of your way to do anything.  I told everyone to still bring a lunch and we will enjoy the rest as an extra treat!

Homework

Read: 30 min.
AR Goal Sheet:  Sign and return to school.
Math: Finish Side A of Sprint sheet.
Sign of the Beaver:  Study for tomorrow's vocabulary test.
*Poetry Cafe:  Bring your suggestions for possible poets to class tomorrow.  Presentations will be held on Friday, December 11.
**National Park Report:  The final draft report is due on Wednesday, December 16.

No comments: