Monday, October 20, 2008

Hello,
It was so nice to meet with all of you last week. I really appreciated your insights, suggestions, and, above all, the wonderful support you give your children.
Your child is bringing home the study guide for Thursday's social studies test today.
I also sent home the guidelines for the second book report. I will work with them on the written portion of the report next week in class. I've changed the due date to Thursday, 11/6.
We are continuing to work on the museum project in class. Tomorrow each group will assess where they are and how much more they need to do. I will then help them set goals for finishing up unfinished work at home and will include deadlines on the nightly homework list.
Tomorrow I will be sending home the permission slips for our NASA Ames field trip on 11/7. Please let me know if you can drive - NASA will only allow 10 parent chaperones, so please respond right away if you would like to come along.

Looking ahead to next week... I will be giving a science test on Wednesday, 10/29. A study guide will go home this Thursday!

Thanks and have a good week.


Mrs. Koue

Monday's homework

Read for 30 min.
Math: Group 1 - #46; Group 2 - #54
Spelling: pgs. 145&147, words in cursive or contract
Social studies: Begin studying for Thursday's test.

***News Team #4 will present on Friday.

No comments: