Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hello,
I introduced the News Teams procedures with my students today. Each child is bringing home the guidelines for the activity today and all will present a news story this Friday. This will be a practice session where I will guide them and give them tips for future presentations. I also told them how I calculate the Listening and Speaking grade on their report cards. 75% of their grade is based on oral presentations (including News Teams) and 25% on class participation. We discussed how important it is to be actively listening and contributing during class lessons and discussions.
The Innisbrook Wraps orders are due by the end of this week.
Thanks!

Homework for Tuesday:

Read for 30 min.
Math #18 (1-20)
Spelling: pg. 46
Language: "Good Beginnings" activity
Study for SS test
Work on News Team presentation

No comments: